Wednesday, December 2, 2009

It's not the gift but the giver...

Yesterday was a very stressful day at work for me and at about 8:30 p.m. I told Stan I just had had enough and was going home. As I was pulling into the garage I could hear a voice yelling "Happy Birthday Mom" (my birthday isn't until next week). I turn the car off and I could see Adam walking up behind me. He is caring a big case of diet coke that looks like it maybe had been dropped and one can missing. He says "Mom I just couldn't wait for your birthday and I just can't stay out of these". Oh my goodness how sweet is that. I just gave him a big hug and told him "I love my gift, Thank you!". After crying most of the way home from work - now I was smiling and crying because he made me think...it's not the gift but the giver!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I love it! That's Adam for ya! :-)